Thursday, March 12, 2009

Visting Rome, Italy

This past weekend I was able to go to Rome, Italy. I was really excited to go because I am Italian and it was nice to see where my family came from. The train rides were long and tiring, but after arriving there was so much to do and see. I stayed in a hostel for the first time, which wasn't great, but it was a place to sleep. I went with Alison, Brooke, and Matt.
Luckily we all get along very well so we were able to visit everything we all wanted to. I think of one of my favorite things I saw was the Coliseum. We had a great time taking pictures and experimenting with our cameras. It was especially funny when the Chinese tourists started asking Brooke to take pictures with them.

The first night we had all decided to get gelato and eat it by the Trevi Fountain, but we ended up going on a pub crawl. It was a ton of fun and a great way to explore the city. The weather was wonderful so we were able to have no jackets and eat outside at all the cafes. The food was amazing and we even tried a Burger King. I think we all decided we love gelato too.

Rome is full of cool ruins and exciting places to visit. We did a ton of walking, and due to that my feet are still recooperating, but it was very worth it. I am so glad that I was able to visit Rome. Not everyone can say that they played cards games in the middle of the grass in front of the Roman Baths. I can't wait to visit Italy again! I am looking forward to traveling!

1 comment:

  1. hahah o man being in italy and what do u eat...burger king haha ... aww your poor feet but at least it was worth it!! sounds like soo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete