Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meeting New People

On this past week's trip, I met alot of nice people at the bars. I had a good converstation with this guy Christian, who I met in Munich after we attended the Hafbrau Haus. He was with a bunch of his friends, and they are all from Germany. Chirssy, me, and his friends went to a bar where we sat upstairs and talked for awhile. There was no music playing upstairs so I decided to take out my phone and play some music. I asked him what he like to listen to and out of my playlist he only liked the song by MIA because it was in the movie Slumdog Millionaire. He said that was one of his favorite movies, and the music he listens to isn't played in America.

I have also met some really cool people in Vienna. When we go to karaoke on Thursday nights at Four Belles, we always hang out with them. I have learned that after high school many of the guys go into the military or train to become pilots. They know many American songs, and love to sing the song Pretty Fly For a White Guy. They also asked if we wanted to play soccer with them. William is the name of one of the guys and we discussed sports and the different people we know on teams. He likes the Patriots and all the soccer teams. It was funny to listen to how they pronounce their last names. I also learned that the Austrians don't like the Germans and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment