Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Week Down in Vienna

I have officially been here for a week in Vienna. I was so nervous about getting really homesick, but so far it has almost been like a vacation to me. The flights getting here were long and nauseating due to the horrible turrbulance. I thought that the weather would be warmer, but it has been snowing alot, and very cold.

After arriving at the school, we had to travel up what seemed like 20 flights of stairs, and of course I had suitcases that both felt like they weighed 100lbs. each. I immediately unpacked and took a shower, which made me feel much better. Then it was off to dinner.

The food is very different here. They eat so fast, and very small portions. Sometimes I have to just tell myself to try everything, and we like the mysterious meats. We went to a pizza place which was amazing, and the people here are somewhat nice. Luckily they know how to speak English. We do try to speak German when going out, just to let them know that we are trying. There are a lot of cafes, museums, and cool places to go.

The students at the Theresianum are not too friendly, but we have managed to make some friends. Unlike us, they don't like to smile or wave to people.

I have had a lot of fun so far, except for being sick with what seemed like to be the flu. Everyone in the group seems to be getting along and I am looking forward to traveling.

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to this pizza place!!!! i'm dying for American food!!!

    You know i almost forgot about the crappy flight because its been so nice since we've been here. This is going to be an amazing long vacation ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. natalieee sounds like urs having funn and i miss u back home!! but i will be reading this to get my update on your life haha .... glad to know ur getting better
    p.s you would not exxagerate on your 100lb suitcase :-)

    ReplyDelete